When it comes to choosing a volume control, there are a lot of factors to consider. With so many options on the market, it can be tough to know which one is right for you.
This guide will help you sort through the different types of volume controls and find the best one for your needs. We’ll take into account the different features and requirements of each type of consumer, so that you can make an informed decision when shopping.
Top 10 Volume Control Reviews
OSD 100W in Wall Volume Control Impedance Matching for Home Speakers, Rotary Knob White SVC100
- HIGH POWER: The SVC100 is rated at 100 Watts per channel with minimal bass roll-off. It includes front mounted adjustable jumpers to add up to eight pairs of 8 ohm speakers simultaneously.
- VOLUME CONTROL: The controls allow you to adjust the volume of a pair of speakers independently of other speakers in a house audio system. They are ideal for both softer and higher volume locations.
- IMPEDANCE PROTECTION: This feature of SVC100 assists in stabilizing the ohm load going back to the amp or receiver with parallel connections to avoid overheating and damaging expensive equipment by matching the impedance.
- KNOB: Wire a 12-step linear rotary-style knob for a wide range of listening volumes. Includes junction box and screws as well as white, ivory and almond trim plates to match any room decor.
- DESIGN: For dedicated audio zones, the décor plates install easily into a wall and work with almost any system. It accepts up to 14 gauge wiring and fits in a standard gang box with a 2.9” depth.
Stainless Volume Control Wall Plate 100W 25/70.7V
- Volume control for 25/70.7V speaker installations
- Dial features 10 attenuation steps with positive off position
- Suitable for 2-16 AWG stranded wire
- Power Rating: 100W | Total Attenuation: 33 dB
- Material: Stainless Steel | Size: Single Gang
Monoprice 108243 RMS 100W Speaker Volume Controller, White
- The MVR-100 is a rotary-type wall plate volume control for speaker systems with power ratings of up-Inch 100 watts per channel and impedance ratings of 4-Inch 16 ohms
- This rotary control can be set-Inch one of twelve positions including the minimum (off) and maximum volume settings
- Please note: This volume control does not include a wall mounting bracket
- Wireless communication technology: IR;
Rockville VOL7035 White 35w 70v Wall Volume Control Zone Controller Box 1-Gang
- Features of VOL7035: Rockville VOL7035 35 Watt 70 Volt Wall Volume Control Zone Controller Box 1-Gang, 16-24 AWG wire inputs, Rugged ABS Frame, Power Rating: 35W (works with 35 Watts and under), Total Attenuation: 30dB, Dimensions: 4. 5”(H) x 2. 75”(W) x 2. 81”(D) (including the knob).
- Item Weight: 0. 71 Lbs, Rotating volume control with 11 step attenuation with absolute off, 70, 100 volt operation (also works with lower constant voltage systems), Detachable Euro-block terminal connector allows you to quickly and easily connect speaker wire.
- White single gang plate fits standard single gang electrical boxes, Attractive design will fit in well with your standard decor, White Plastic Plates with Matching Same Color Knobs, Dependable performance with protection from dust (internal board is protected with special tape), Excellent frequency response so you do not get any signal deterioration.
- Mounting screws are included, It is recommended that this volume control be mounted in a "backless" junction box so it gets adequate ventilation, If an enclosed box is to be used, we recommend a deep box (3. 5 inches in depth), Premium-quality volume control, Color: White.
In Wall Speaker Volume Control - Home Audio Smart 2-Channel A/B Dual Channel Speakers Controller Selector Pod Box - Rotary Knob...
- EASY TO INSTALL: The Pyle in-wall stereo volume control installs in a junction box, just like a light switch. Fits standard electrical junction/gang boxes. Makes it simple and easy to direct your home amplifier audio to 2 sets of speakers
- ROTARY KNOB OPERATION: The indoor outdoor speaker controller features a convenient and simple rotary knob controls which makes volume adjustments a breeze! Control up to 2 speakers with the two independent rotary faders
- OPERATION: Set the amplifier's volume control to minimum. Turn on the amp and set its volume control slightly above the normal listening level. To increase/decrease the remote speaker's volume turn the inwall volume control clockwise/counterclockwise
- UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY: The 2 channel speaker volume fader is compatible w/ all audio and video systems making it a wise choice to add to your home theater system. It also features up to 120 watts load handling power
- STANDARD SIZE: It features a universal standard wall plate size. The included decora-style wall mount plate frame cover means this controller will unobtrusively blend into your wall and allows for a clean installation on your walls
OSD 100W Sleek, Modern, Minimalist Design in Wall Volume Control, Slider White Impedance Matching SLS100
- POWER: SLS100 is rated at 100 Watts peak, with minimal bass roll-off. Adjustable jumpers add up to eight pairs of 8 ohm speakers simultaneously depending on the load your amp can handle.
- VOLUME CONTROL: The controls allow you to switch the volume up or down. During setup, set the source volume to its optimum level, then the volume control turns the sound down to inaudible levels.
- IMPEDANCE PROTECTION: This feature of SLS100 assists in stabilizing the ohm load going back to the amp or receiver with parallel connections to avoid overheating and damaging the amplifier.
- SOUND QUALITY: Wire a 12-step linear slider knob for pop-free control and a wide range of listening volumes. Precision electronics provide low distortion and ruler flat frequency response in a stereo system.
- DESIGN: For dedicated audio zones, the décor plates install easily into a wall and work with almost any system. It accepts up to 14 gauge wiring and includes a junction box, screws, and trim plates.
JEEKEXI Aluminum Multimedia Controller Knob with One-Key Mute, Three Volume Control Modes, Driver-Free, Plug and Play, PC Computer...
- 【One-touch Mute】:JEEKEXI multimedia controller knob with one button mute function, when you listen to music, just press a button and press again to replay the stopped music, there are three levels of volume selection, so you can adjust the volume more easily.
- 【Safe and Convenient】:Driver-free, plug and play, connect the device to your computer and turn the button to adjust the volume, easy to operate and convenient.
- 【Sturdy and Durable】: The USB volume controller is made of high quality metal shell, equipped with detachable data cable, small size, easy to carry, sturdy and durable
- 【Wide range of Applications】:The multimedia audio controller is compatible with win7/win8/win10/mac, is your best choice of audio controller for listening to music, playing games, watching TV, video conferencing, hosting parties.
- 【Anti-slip Design】:The bottom internal weighted metal block design, the bottom has a non-slip pad, when you use the volume knob, will not easily slide.
Stainless Steel Volume Control Wall Plate, 25/70V
- Premium-quality volume control for 10W 25/70.7V applications | Dependable performance with low insertion loss & excellent frequency response
- Sturdy & sleek stainless-steel, single gang faceplate | Dimensions: 2-1/8” H x 1-3/4” W x 2-1/8” D
- 70V compatibility is easy to daisy chain with multiple connected speakers
- Features 10 attenuation steps with positive off | Total Attenuation: 33dB
- Suitable for 2-16AWG stranded wire | Power Rating: 10W
Best Volume Control – Buyer’s Guide
When shopping for a volume control, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, consider the type of volume control you need. There are two main types: audio and video. Audio volume controls are used to adjust the sound level of your audio system, while video volume controls are used to adjust the picture quality of your television.
Next, think about the size of the volume control you need. If you have a large room, you’ll need a larger volume control than if you have a small room. Finally, consider the price. Volume controls can range in price from a few dollars to several hundred dollars.
Now that you know what to look for in a volume control, here are some of our top picks.
For an audio volume control, we recommend the Audio-Technica AT-LP60X Turntable. This turntable has a built-in preamp and phono equalizer, so you can fine-tune the sound of your audio system. It also has a dust cover to protect your records.
If you’re looking for a video volume control, we recommend the Samsung UN55NU8000 55″ 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV. This TV has an auto depth enhancer that automatically adjusts the picture quality based on the content you’re watching. It also has built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity, so you can easily connect it to your home network.